As a Director of Procurement, to ensure compliance, all your suppliers require to be managed practically and efficiently. However, with potentially hundreds or thousands of suppliers, managing them could prove to be a huge demand on your resources.
If this sounds familiar then Delta is on hand to ensure that your supplier management issues become old news.
Engage with suppliers
Streamline and automate your supplier interaction by directing your suppliers to complete their supplier profile.
This will instantly place them on the Supplier Information Database (SID).This supplier profile is then available to populate all tender responses following the ‘do it once’ ethos, with the onus on suppliers to keep their data up to date, reducing the burden on both parties of managing changes.
- Easy to use community building service
- Contains a range of tools to interact with your supply base or the wider supplier database
- Simple process for supplier registration and profile completion
- Encourages business readiness by providing standard SQ for completion in the form of the supplier profile.
Access this ready-made supplier community and identify suppliers as part of a market scoping exercise or to invite to a mini-competition or request for quotation.
- Quick search using simple terms such as ‘cleaning’
- Advanced search for more detailed results using a variety of criteria including location, business activity, CPV code and status
- Supplier status is indicated as Registered, Certified or Accredited
- Date stamped data minimises risk of making decisions based on out-of-date information
As part of your supplier engagement programme we can use the Supplier Manager tool to create lists and invite suppliers to join them.
- Create and send invite emails via the service with instructions for suppliers
- Drive suppliers to register if they wish to do business with you
- Seek supplier registration against a Category List or Procurement Exercise
- Supplier invitation activity recorded in a fully searchable activity log
The Select Supplier Information Database (SID) is at the heart of the Delta eSourcing community.
It offers buying organisations a free method of managing and engaging with not only their own suppliers but also the wider supplier community. SID offers suppliers the opportunity to promote themselves to the nationwide network of public sector buyers who use Delta eSourcing daily to run their competitive opportunities or carry out market scoping. Supplier registration on Delta eSourcing is free and open to all suppliers, providing 24/7 access to a range of services.
Suppliers have three status levels:
- Registered – Basic contact details and business activities are detailed.
- Certified – Suppliers create a profile based on the standard SQ and publish this for buyers to view.
- Accredited – A full assessment and third-party accreditation process takes place. This involves suppliers providing a range of documentation to support their application. The references they provide are used to determine the nominal contract value for which they have been approved to tender.
Efficiency East Midlands
“The helpdesk support is fantastic, not only for assisting my staff but also in supporting our suppliers. During any tender exercises, the helpdesk deal with any queries from the supplier side which has really driven down the administrative costs of procurement and tendering for us.”