What is Cyber Essentials?
Cyber Essentials is a government-backed, industry-supported initiative to provide organisations within and supplying to the public sector with a way of proving that they have a basic level of cyber security controls in place. This was undertaken for two main reasons:
- so companies and their owners understood the basic principles of cyber security
- to show customers, investors and others that those companies have taken basic precautions against cyber attacks
Recently, Cyber Essentials certification has become crucial for suppliers to the public sector.
The cyber-attacks that have occurred throughout 2017 have underlined just how under-prepared even large organisations are to deal with these threats.
Private sector organisation as diverse as Yahoo, HBO, Deloitte, Equifax and more have experienced high-profile cyber attacks that have come to light in 2017. The lesson appears to be that no organisation is too big to go unaffected by these threats.
Benefits to your business
- Protects against over 80% of common cyber threats
- Certification supports your organisation in the public and private sectors
- Cyber Essentials branding to showcase your certification
- Helps to get your organisation ready for GDPR
- Certification allows you to apply for public sector tenders requiring accreditation because they involve handling sensitive information or providing certain technical products and services.
- Identifying any areas in your organisation’s cyber security that need improvement
What does it cost
- Annual subscription prices start from £445.00 excl. VAT / year and includes:
- Access to the online self-assessment questionnaire
- Inclusive support and advice throughout application process
- No additional costs for retests or Gap Analysis
- Includes certificate and Cyber Essentials branding for your business
- Provides 12 months’ certification upon successful application
- Click here to get started with Cyber Essentials