Colchester Borough Council has published this notice through Delta eSourcing
|Title:||GB-Colchester: Construction of New Homes - Project A|
|Notice type:||Competitive Contract Award Notice|
|Authority:||Colchester Borough Council|
|Nature of contract:||Not applicable|
View Full Notice
Associated Parent Notice
CompetitiveContractNotice - GB-Colchester: Construction of New Homes - Project A
1. Title: GB-Colchester: Construction of New Homes - Project A
2. Awarding Authority:
Colchester Borough Council
Rowan House, 33 Sheepen Road, Colchester, CO3 3WG, United Kingdom
Tel. 01376 551414, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.colchester.gov.uk
Attn: Matt Howe
3. Contract Type: Works
Sub Type: Design and Execution
4. Description: Building construction work. Architectural design services. Demolition, site preparation and clearance work. Site preparation work. Ground-drainage work. Drainage works. Landscaping work. Mechanical and electrical engineering services. Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified and experienced contractors who wish to tender for the demolition of existing garages and construction of new Council houses under a JCT Design and Build Contract (26 new dwellings) over 3 sites in the Borough of Colchester at Monkwick Avenue site 1, Monkwick Avenue site 2 and Windsor Close. The employer for the works will be Colchester Borough Council. The contractor shall provide all building disciplines to execute the required works to include but not restricted to
• Design and build
• Site clearance
• Site Preparation
• Excavation and underground services
• Civil and drainage works
• Create soft and hard landscape area
• Construction new build housing
• Mechanical and Electrical services
• Alterations to retaining walls
This contract (A) forms part of a wider project for 2 similar projects (A+B) for the construction of 34 new dwellings in total. It is the intention of the Employer to have two different contractors, one for contract A and one for contract B. The mechanism for achieving this will be detailed in the eventual tender documentation.
5. CPV Codes:
45210000 - Building construction work.
71220000 - Architectural design services.
45111000 - Demolition, site preparation and clearance work.
45100000 - Site preparation work.
45111240 - Ground-drainage work.
45232452 - Drainage works.
45112700 - Landscaping work.
71334000 - Mechanical and electrical engineering services.
6. NUTS Codes :
UKH3 - Essex
7. Main Site or Location of Works, Main Place of Delivery or Main Place of Performance: Essex,
8. Reference Attributed by the Awarding Authority: CMLS-HB-0001
9. Awarded to:
Riverside House, Avenue East, Lawford, Manningtree, CO11 1US, United Kingdom
Tel. 01206 392680
Attn: Steven Rose
Value Cost: 2,465,565.21
Is Awardee likely to subcontract?: No Awarded to SME?: No
10. Date of Contract Award: 11/04/2014
11. Number of Tenders Received: 4
12. Other Information:
Other Information: The Council has also issued a notice for a similar project, referenced Construction of New Homes - Project B and Contractors are however welcome to express an interest in both contracts.
The closing date for expressions of interest is 15:00 hrs on Wednesday 2nd October 2013.
Pre-Qualification Questionnaires are expected to be sent out Wednesday 2nd October 2013.
All Pre-Qualification Questionnaires must be returned by 12:00 hrs on Monday 21st October 2013.
Tenders are expected to be sent out to main contractors in Early January 2014. Estimated contract period to be 10 Months commencing April 2014.
No further documentation needs to be sent at this stage.
Initial Expressions of Interest, should be addressed to: Matt Howe, Senior Procurement Consultant, The Essex Procurement Hub, Braintree District Council via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
To view this notice, please click here:
Period of Work Start date: 01/04/2014
Period of Work End date: 31/01/2015
Award Criteria: Most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the tender documents