Delta V5.8 Release Note
This release note details the new features in Version 5.8 of the Delta eSourcing service. Value tracking of contracts is now available in Contract Manager’s Contract Register and this will assist buyers in complying with Regulation 68 “Life-Cycle Costing” which states that buyers must take into consideration the entire life-cycle cost rather than initial costs only. To subscribe to the Contract Change Control module, please call 0845 270 7050 or click here to upgrade and begin whole life cost/spend tracking of your contracts.
VERSION 5.8 – What’s new within the Delta eSourcing Service
New module: Contract Change Control (CCC)
- The Contract Change Control module of the Contract Manager can be directly linked to the Contract Register allowing the creation and management of amendments and variation to contracts.
- The tool allows for the recording of any change to the contract with special focus on any price amendments to manage the whole life cost/spend of the project.
- A simple and intuitive interface allows the user to create a new record for each amendment and record the key information of the contract change including attachment of any supporting documentation against each variation or amendment.
New tab: Contract Details
Once the contract details tab information is filled in and save is clicked, the change Control tab will have the following details populated.
- The original contract details values from the contract details tab.
- Form for adding change control.
This allows the user to view the original values of the contract record, and create a change control to view the history of changed information.
New page: Create Change Control
- A Create Change Control button will be displayed above the Change Control form in the Change Control tab.
- Clicking on the Create Change Control tab will display a new page.
- Amendment or Variation type
- Change Reference Number
- Cost Implications
- Time Implications
Once the details are filled in and saved, the navigation displays the previous page with one change control record. The same record is editable and a history of changed information is maintained.
Once a change control is created, the following calculated values are displayed:
- Contract Change Value (Value now added)
- Original Contract Value (Value when the contract record was created)
- Total Change Control Value (A mathematical sum of the above two values)
If you would like to subscribe to the Contract Change Control module, please call 0845 270 7050 or click here to upgrade and begin whole life cost/spend tracking of your contracts.
We have now created a Workspace Manager where you can view all of your Projects and Collaborations in the one place. Within Workspace Manager, you can create new projects and new collaborations.
New page: Create a Project
- This is a new page where you can store all your key project data and start running Tender Exercises within the Project.
- Start and End dates
- Estimated Budget
Tender Manager >> Evaluation Tool
Automated award email templates are available within Evaluations for ITTs and RFQs. On completing an Evaluation you can award the contract.
New button: Award Contract
- This will notify all successful and unsuccessful suppliers of your tender decision.
New functionality: Evaluator notification emails
- System generated emails to notify evaluators which section(s) they will be evaluating